Lost and Found Pets: Bakersfield Lost Dogs
When you lose a beloved pet, you will take all measures to try to find them. Be it knocking on your neighbors’ doors, putting up posters, posting on social media, and visiting animal shelters.
We have good news, DoNotPay is a new option that helps you find your dog with just a few clicks. Read on, we’ll explain.
What to Do If You Lose Your Pet
Prevention is better than cure. There are measures you can take to keep a lost dog scenario at bay. Fitting a GPS dog tracker is the best of them all. A tracker on your dog’s collar equals peace of mind for you. You can always be aware of your dog’s whereabouts.
If you’re reading this, then chances are that milk is already spilled, and your canine buddy is lost. Are you 100% certain that your dog is not in your house or yard? If yes, follow the following steps to find your dog.
- Start by searching your neighborhood. 49% of people with lost dogs found them within the area.
- File a lost pet report with the Bakersfield Animal Care Center. We’ll take you through the steps later on.
- Let people know. Post an ad on Facebook or Craigslist. The age-old posters also do the job. For best results, include a photo of your pet, your contacts, and reward details.
- Visit nearby animal rescue shops and shelters. Call the ones you cannot manage to visit.
- Publish your ad on local dailies, advertise on local radio, TV stations, or even popular podcasts.
- Still no sign of your dog? Consider hiring a pet detective.
Do Lost Dogs Usually Get Found?
A study was conducted on lost dogs and cats. 14% of dogs had been lost at some point within the last five years. Of these, 93% reunited with their owners. Most were found after a search around the neighborhood. The second most common reunion method was a result of the dogs coming back on their own.
Apart from the dogs that return on their own, reuniting with yours will likely require effort on your part. DoNotPay will not only make your pet recovery efforts less cumbersome but will also increase its effectiveness.
How to Report Your Lost Pet to Bakersfield Animal Control or Shelter
Visit the Bakersfield city website and fill out a lost pet form to report your lost pet.
The form has four parts:
- Enter your contact information such as name, phone number, and complete address.
- Animal information section – here, you will fill in your pet’s name, age, gender, primary color, and breed.
- Last-seen information such as the date and location.
- Add pet identification details like ID tag number and the microchip number.
- Finish by uploading a picture of your dog.
You can also reach the Bakersfield Animal Care Center through:
|Physical Address||201 S Mt Vernon Ave Bakersfield, CA 93307|
|Phone Number||(661) 832-7387|
How DoNotPay Reunites You With Your Furry Friend
DoNotPay will file a report for you and ensure that your lost pet gets recorded in the government directory. Furthermore, we leave your contact information with all the relevant authorities to enable them to reach you to pass what we hope is good news.
Here’s how you can use DoNotPay to report lost and found pets:
- Search “lost and found pets” on DoNotPay, and select whether you’re reporting a lost pet or a pet you’ve found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
Why Use DoNotPay to Help Fill Your Missing Pet Report
When looking for lost pets, your quick immediate response matters. DoNotPay is your best chance to get the information necessary to locate your lost pet. Need a reason? We’ll give you three.
- DoNotPay is fast– It files your report in minutes.
- Ease of use– Only three steps are required to file a missing pet report with DoNotPay. It does not get better than that anywhere else.
- Assured success– If you have used DoNotPay to file a lost pet report, it will do just that without fail.
More DoNotPay Products for Your Pets
When it comes to pets, DoNotPay is here to help in more ways than one. Here’s to list a few:
- Let DoNotPay sort your pet licenses needs
- Just witnessed a case of animal abuse that’s weighing you down? Help do the right thing by reporting animal abuse with DoNotPay
- Draft your pet custody agreement with DoNotPay
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
While we love pets, our capabilities are not restricted to that of animals:
- We can help you find your unclaimed money from Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or many more.
- Discover how to claim compensation for canceled flights from American Airlines.
- Learn how to cancel a Planet Fitness subscription without lifting a muscle.